Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Dinner 'washed up' on Carson Beach

I usually don’t post these sorts of things on Scooterdude’s blog, but I had to mention that, while I was walking my lil’ Scooterdude, I came upon an entire Thanksgiving Dinner on the sand of Carson Beach this afternoon. I first spied a lump of orange-red on the beach and as I came closer it was discovered to be an entire turkey, cooked and all, on the sand. And then, as I walked further around, I realized the whole area was littered with fruits, unopened cans, some fresh corn on the cob, and even some chips and appetizers....! If I didn’t find it so disturbing that some one would carelessly dispose of perfectly good food in this manner, it might have been actually comical. I couldn’t help but feel, however, the actual tragic nature of this ‘flotsam feast’.

No comments: