Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Midnight Ride

Saturday night was good for the sail, and I was able to catch the evening’s gusts.
Not too much traffic, nor too many people in the Square, but the strong gusts kept me going late.

Lit up like it is in the middle of Winter, the K2 raced around the church and back towards the Tower.

I found it strange that there were more than the usual number of detractors and disbelievers, the ones who only have comments like, “Try getting a better sail! Ha!” or, “As if that’s going to work, you idiot! You suck!”

I have a hard time understanding people who can so freely and readily speak out of ignorance. Why can’t these few insecure and fear-driven people even consider that, after all these years I’ve been succeeding in this and found it a perfect delight and joy, that any objection or problem they may suggest I’ve already dealt with and moved on?

Still, there are so many more who smile, and wave, and exclaim with me, “Go! Wind-POWER!!!”

No comments: