Monday, December 29, 2008

Drama on the 'High Seas'!

An unusually late ride, but I had to go!

There’d been wind all day and I certainly missed the day’s opportunity. But, the greatest blast of wind came suddenly in my evening ‘sail’. At one point, I had just left the skateboarders around the Boylston St. corner and was just approaching the Tower. All of a sudden, there came a powerful set of tsunami-waves. At that same instant, loud sirens echoed across buildings as the Boston Fire Department sped past me. They were screaming and honking.

The physical pressure of the strong winds combined with the visual of red lights flashing and the audio of the horns made for the perfect effect that everything had been choreographed and timed. I wasn’t prepared for all of it at once nor could I seize the chance at what might have been the greatest ‘surf’ yet!

I was only able to grab hold of the wind-scooter and hold on tight so we both wouldn’t be toppled over and capsize.

No comments: