Saturday, February 28, 2009

Beyond Possible!

I’d thought I’d run the best winds last week, but I was wrong!
Friday (yesterday) was THE MOST SPECTACULAR AND PERFECT WIND!
I’m not sure if I’ve ever raced like this ever before. It would have been the ideal day to run the Regatta-Race coming up. I’m certain now that the last few weeks of February and the month of March promise to be the Season for ‘Urban-Surfing, Wind-Scootering’.

The high-velocity, the steadiness as well as the occasional gusts, provided ideal conditions to develop special new skills of maneuver, a chance at practicing all kinds of movements, and even the unique chance to practice, of all things, ‘slow-glide’ (i.e. without sail, or with sail to manage deceleration and control. My only regret is that video was lacking so I couldn’t observe and critique the behavior and operation performance.

Another Boston Herald photographer was eager to get my photo, but I had to tell him that Tuesday I had already appeared in the paper. LOL! Still, he was interested and said he’d check here in my blog sometime. Not a few people, as well, had seen the picture in the paper and were glad to give a ‘thumbs-up’ again to the Scooter-Sailing-Dude.

No comments: